10.12.2008

lighting :: laser cut light

Kenji Kondo's lighting designs are made from laser cut acrylics. I love these innovative lamps that cast interesting shadows however and wherever you place them.


[blog1.JPG]

With his laptop and his bright ideas, his design studio can be anywhere he wants it to be. About the sphere above he writes: "This was the first laser cut piece I did. It was designed at the beach in Encinitas. I emailed the file to some friends in LA who cut and shipped it to me at the San Elijo campgrounds. I put it together on the spot. The lightbulb went off and I realized that you can design and manufacture from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet." You can find more of his work for sale at www.madeonrequest.com.

Other Related Posts



1 comments:

Jamie said...

Ooh. That's really interesting. I love the way the light shines off of each of the slits. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c