12.15.2008

fashion :: phonebook couture

When is the last time you used your phone book? Yup, I'm talking about that annoying, heavy 10,000 page reference book of telephone numbers that arrives on your doorstep each year. I just threw out a bunch of mine today. Outdated, ripped, scribbled on - a five year stack of them . I bet they'll soon be obsolete , don't you?

Then I saw this...

Paper Dress 2 by Jolis Paons.

Paper Dress 4 by Jolis Paons.

For Kelly Murray's Creative Processes class at Herron School of Art & Design, she concocted a paper dress made entirely of, you guessed it, phonebook paper. She pleated it, snipped it, sewed it and glued it all by hand. What she came up with was this stylish, chicly fashionable and soooo JUST COOL phonebook couture!

Other Related Posts



2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! How creative!

artsharyne said...

I ADORE THIS - SO STYLISH & BEAUTIFUL - WOW!!!

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c