2.22.2009

recycle :: let's book

Who has piles of old paperbacks stored in their closets, cellars and attics - raise your hand! I do, and I have no idea what to do with all of them. Some I have inherited, some I have picked up at tag sales and some I've even bought new. And since I don't even read books anymore, they are just gathering dust. SO what do you do with them? Here are some clever ideas.





Rhode Island artist David Karoff welded a chair of discarded rebar and attached used paperbacks: they have holes drilled though their insides and are slipped onto the hidden frame. Need some reading material? Just pull one off of your chair!
Or how about building a fort out of all those books - kind of similar to Tom Bendtsens "Argument"  series, below...





You may not read them anymore but for all of their other neat uses, paperback books are JUST COOL!

Other Related Posts



0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c