7.23.2008

Interior - the color purple

Some call it Lilac, Iris, Mauve, Violet, Lavender, Heather, Aubergine, Grape, Plum, Eggplant, and Iris. But most of us call the color, PURPLE!



it can be dramatic
and timeless



modernesque

and playful.
In fact, it's as schizophrenic as it can make you feel ( read The pitfalls of the purple room).

Growing up, my two daughters pined for purple rooms. I may have too, but that was way too long ago for me to remember! There's just something about purple. The French have a way with it, bringing out it's regal elegance and it's playful charm. Combined with tarnished gold and lively pinks or softened with whites and just a hint of palest green, it can be dramatic in either a traditionally formal or modern artsy interior.

It's no wonder that Pantone selected one of their purples, the color Blue Iris (PANTONE 18-3943) as the 2008 Color of the Year .

My opinion on purple? In small doses it can be JUST COOL!

Other Related Posts



3 comments:

Romana said...

I LOVE purple walls... this was my cyclamen (purple) wall in my office at Pristop in Ljubljana. And everybody loved it :)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1006/532907660_39130b168f_o.jpg

wendy presseisen said...

whoa romana get me some sunglasses - nice contrast though - i like it

Romana said...

hihihi :) it really is a great wall.

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c