3.17.2009

art :: rorschach inkblot painting

Here's a creative take on that oh so serious Rorschach inkblot test that psychologists use to examine the personality characteristics and emotional functioning of their patients.








Talented artist L. Filipe dos Santos takes a watercolor ink blot image and uses his imagination along with pen and ink,to transform it into something beautiful! I've had fun doing this with abstract painted shapes before- it's not only challenging but a great brain exercise. Here's one I did a few years ago. First I scribbled some undefined shapes on the canvas, painted them in - and then detailed them into something...bizarre...


I think the shrinks might classify me as loco, but heck, all artists are a little mad...

Other Related Posts



0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c