9.29.2008

Interior :: arts & crafts reborn

Of course I'm liking these beautiful matte Arts & Crafts vases ! The Arts & Crafts Movement (late 1800's to early 1900's) was a period and is a style that I have always been smitten with. These Teco vases were influenced by the Prairie Style and one of my all time fav architects, Frank Lloyd Wright. (I knew there had to be a reason why they appealed to me so much!) Their strong geometric lines, pure organic colors and sturdy utilitarian look have me sold.

Teco
photo LATimes


If you want the originals of this Teco line that was produced between 1899 and 1930 you'll have to pay a pretty penny. They commonly fetch four figures at auction. But was I surprised when I found a company called Prairie Arts that is reproducing them today for a reasonable $60 to $195! The company also produces Frank Lloyd Wright screens and stencils.

Check out the Teco Art Pottery Collection™. Pottery that is JUST COOL!





Other Related Posts



0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=5f161539492888cd4f85ea9e137c404c